Friday, August 8, 2014

Flatbread Friday - It's gonna be a thing.

Every now and then I have more than 2 minutes to construct my lunch. Today was one of those days, and oh my, was it glorious. Recently I've had a "thing" for flatbreads. You know, little fancy
pizza-esque creations on a piece of flatbread. Today the lunch gods smiled upon me as I had just the right leftovers to make myself a tasty treat. I had some Flatout flatbreads left in the fridge. I also had some baby kale, leftover steak from the other night, and some goat cheese. I know, I know...what kind of person doesn't eat all of their steak, and more importantly, who doesn't eat all of the goat cheese? Don't worry, neither of those are the norm. Now let's talk sauce. I picked up this delicious roasted pineapple and habanero sauce at Costco a while back. Those Costco sample ladies probably see me coming a mile away now. If I like what I taste, it almost always ends up in my cart. This sauce though -- can't be too mad about it. It goes well on EVERYTHING. Chicken, fish, vegetables, an old shoe, etc.

I toasted the flatbread for about 4 minutes at 350. Took it out of the oven, slapped on some sauce and the rest of the ingredients, and popped it back in for 6 minutes. I probably could've left it in longer either time to get a crisper crust, but by this time I was salivating, so I ate it anyway. And guess what!! I remembered to take pictures this time. Go me.



 
 
Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment